A Maniacal Little Machine, inspired by vintage gaming consoles.
Arcade Dreams Reborn
Did I stutter? Yes I did. An era when silicon defined sonics that were burned in our memory for years… Ottobit Jr. brings those sounds directly to your pedalboard.
"You want games? I'll give you games."
To call it a bitcrusher would be an insult. The triggered stutter and pitch/filter/crush sequencers take you to side scrolling, coin collecting maze worlds. Add in a resonant low pass that competes with the best analog synths and grandpa SID would be proud.
I asked Angelo to design a filter to tame the harsher bitcrush settings. Damn that filter sounds good… like an analog synth. There were an infinite amount of cool sounds we were getting, so that’s what drove the decision to add MIDI and presets under the hood.
PEDALS AND EFFECTS "One of the Most Badass, Crazy, Clean, Rippin' Bitcrushers."
VINTAGE KING "#1 Best Guitar Pedal of 2017"
Explore Ottobit Jr.
Click the (+) signs to learn more
Changes the sample rate from 48 Hz to 48 kHz.
Alt Function: Step 1 First step of the sequencer
Changes the cutoff frequency of custom filter.
Alt Function: Step 2 Second step of the sequencer
Changes the bit depth from 1 bit to 24 bits.
Alt Function: Step 3 Third step of the sequencer
Changes the play speed and length of the stutter.
Alt Function: Step 4 Fourth step of the sequencer
Sequencer Play Mode
Sets Sequencer to Play Once, Play Twice, Play 4 Times, Play 8 Times, or Play Continuously.
Alt Function: Step 5 Fifth step of the sequencer
Sets the sequencer speed as a multiple of the tap tempo.
Alt Function: Step 6 Sixth step of the sequencer
Tap LED / Alt Function Switch
Blinks at tap tempo rate. Alt Functions are only accessible when ALT (HOLD) switch is held.
Bypass LED / Sequencer Type Switch
Switch LED Indicates bypass status. Small LEDs indicate active sequencer type. Both small LEDs OFF indicates sample rate sequencer active.
Sets the speed and the timing of the Sequencer and the Stutter. Hold to freeze the Stutter Buffer.
Processes signal when LED is ON, passes dry signal entirely in analog (buffered or relay) when OFF.
- Handcrafted Algorithms
- Variable Sample Rate and Bit Crushing
- Vintage Synth inspired Low-Pass Filter
- Triggered Stutter Effects
- Sequencer module for Pitch, Filter or Decimation pattern sequencing
- Tap Tempo for Sequencer and Stutter
- Stereo input and output
- Switchable input/output headroom level for Guitar, Synthesizer or Line levels
- Expression pedal control over all parameters simultaneously
- Presets available via external 4-Preset switch or MIDI
- MIDI in/out over TRS via the EXP jack
- Remote Tap Tempo Switch capable via the EXP jack
- Premium analog signal path and 24-bit AD/DA w/32 bit floating point DSP
- Premium Analog Devices JFET input section
- Color – glossy black with subtle flake
- Designed and built in Los Angeles, California U.S.A.
- Premium quality 24 bit A/D and D/A
- 32 Bit floating point DSP hardware
- Premium low noise Analog signal path throughout
- Analog Devices JFET input circuitry
- Selectable True Bypass (Relay) or Analog Buffered Bypass
- Durable black powder coat with fine metal flake
- Current draw < 150 mA
- Dimensions – 4.25″ wide, 4.5″ long, 2″ tall
The bitcrusher to end all bitcrushers.
…These are capable of rendering subtle “warming,” unsubtle distortion, robotic ring modulation, low-bit video game glitchiness, and way more. A Filter control is supremely musical (very Moog-like) and can mediate a lot of the wispier bit-crushing artifacts.
Any semblance of ‘guitariness’ is blasted into hyperspace.
You can choose just how lo-fi and grainy the sound gets, from more or less pristine at one extreme to utterly crushed at the other. Combine this with the sweepable low-pass filter – especially if there’s an expression pedal handy – and you’ve got some cracking old-school synth sounds available here.
Simply a monster in pedal form.
One of the most ambitious and advanced bit-crushers ever released in pedal form with a host of inspiring sound design possibilities on board.