3-Voice Rhythmic Pitch Shifter
Her Light Will Change Us
“We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams…” – Arthur O’Shaughnessy (1873)
I love using Hedra to generate multiple harmony voices on the output of my monosynths
Powerful in Execution
Plug in to Hedra to expand your melody palette and unfold your landscape. 3 voices, in rhythm combine with your original voice to create angelic harmonies. Each voice can be delayed and fed back in 4 intricate matrices for either predictable or unpredictable results. Explore endless creative avenues with pitch corrective locking and glide modes, either smooth or hard stepped. Add sonic unease and texture by micro tuning each voice.
Click the (+) signs to learn more
Selects key for diatonic harmonies. Set to max for chromatic shifting
Alt Function: Scale Type Select
(from Min to Max): Major, Minor, Melodic Minor, Harmonic Minor, Double Harmonic, Eastern Pentatonic, Minor Pentatonic
Slightly detunes all three pitch shifted voices
Alt Function: Pitch Correction and Glide
When the knob is between Min and Mid select between: No Correction, Loose Correction, Strict Correction. When knob is between Mid and Max selects amount of glide
Adjusts the balance between Dry and Wet signals
Alt Function: Delay Feedback Controls delay feedback.
Series delay modes: Pitch 3 sets the feedback loop.
Dual delay modes: Pitch 1 and 3 both add to the feedback loop
Pitch 2 : Sets interval for the second pitch shifted
Alt Function: Time Division 2 Sets a fraction of the main tempo for second pitch shifted voice
Pitch 3: Sets interval for the third pitch shifted voice
Alt Function: Time Division 3 Sets a fraction of the main tempo for third pitch shifted voice
Hold to access Alt Functions
Alt Functions are only accessible when this button is held
Press to Select Mode
(Press to Select Mode)
Dual: Splits the delay into 2 short delays with a stereo output
Dual + Series: the same 2 short delays as Dual mode, now with cross-feedback
Series: One long series delay with standard feedback
Pitch Feedback: One long series delay
with the pitch shifters in the feedback loop
Tap: Sets the main tempo/delay time. Total available time for the two Series delay modes = 520 msec. For the Two Dual delay modes = 260 msec
Alt Function: Half Speed Enables the delay to run at half speed
Hold Tap: Momentarily enable an automatic volume swell based on your pick attack
Bypass: Disables processing and passes the input thru to the output
Alt Function: Pitch Control Smoothing Enables smoothing of the Pitch knobs. Turn the smoothing off to hard step through the intervals
Pitch 1: Sets interval for the first pitch shifted voice
Alt Function: Time Division 1 Sets a fraction of the main tempo for the first pitch shifted voice
3-Voice Rhythmic Pitch Shifter
- Selectable Pitch Correction Types to ReVoice your Melodies in RealTime
- Individual Controls for Pitch and Time Offset for each Voice (3 Voices Total)
- Micro Tune control creates gentle chorus-like detuning, classic studio fattening, and extreme warping
- Chromatic or Key Driven Harmony with Selectable Scale Types
- 4 Delay Configurations with unique Feedback Routing (520 mS max delay time)
- Unique Keyboard Control putting a Live Quartet Under your Fingertips
- Our Original Glide Mode slides between pitches at the speed you choose
- Choice to sweep through Intervals smoothly or hard step for dramatic pitch effects
- Switchable Half Speed and Auto Swell for advanced textures
- Digitally controlled Analog mix control
- Stereo input and output
- Switchable input / output headroom level for Guitar or Synth / Line level
- Expression pedal control over all parameters simultaneously
- Presets available via external 4-Preset switch or MIDI
- MIDI in/out over TRS via the EXP jack
- External Tap Tempo over TRS
- MIDI beat clock synchronization
- Premium analog signal path and 24-bit AD/DA w/32 bit floating point DSP
- Premium Analog Devices JFET input section
- Color – raw brushed aluminum with clear coat
- Designed and built in Los Angeles, California U.S.A.
- Premium quality 24 bit A/D and D/A
- 32 Bit floating point DSP hardware
- Premium low noise Analog signal path throughout
- Digitally controlled Analog Dry path for wet/dry mix
- Analog Devices JFET input circuitry
- Selectable True Bypass (Relay) or Analog Buffered Bypass
- Durable transparent coated brushed aluminum
- Current draw < 150 mA
- Dimensions – 4.25″ wide, 4.5″ long, 2″ tall
WATCH AND LISTEN Hedra Preset Sounds
BADSNACKS "...blowing my mind with all kinds of crazy new sounds, harmonies and atmospheres and ugh my heart.'
THE PEDAL ZONE "Do I like the Hedra? I Freakin LOVE it."
PEDALS AND EFFECTS "It sounds F'N awesome." "This is the most forward-thinking pitch shifter that I've ever seen."
They think so far outside the box they’d probably need Google Earth to find their way back inside it again!
It’s not intended solely for processing guitars — the designers have added the ability to switch the input/output headroom levels to suit guitar, electronic keyboards or line-level signals.
Hedra gets my highest possible recommendation.
The most powerful self-contained pitch-shifter pedal any builder has released to date. It’s apparent that this pedal has undoubtedly raised the bar when it comes to intelligent harmonizing and pitch-shifting, representing a new paradigm in this class of effects.
Some companies build stompboxes; and then there’s Meris. Meris are undeniably revolutionising the way players consider exactly what constitutes a guitar pedal.
It’s a serious pedal that should almost be considered more as a studio tool than a mainstay in your gig rig, but it’s portable and rugged enough to sit pretty on your pedalboard should you please.